Nearly All the Offered Wood was Bought in Wood Auctions during the First Half of 2016

During the period from November 26th to December 1st of this year, offers were submitted for the purchasing of round timber in auctions in order to create contracts for the first half of 2016 as well as long-term contracts via the round timber electronic trading system (AMEPS).

Auction results for the first half of 2016 demonstrate that as much as 94 percent of the round timber from state-owned land that was offered for sale was bought. The remaining 6 percent consists of just small amounts of different types of wood, for which the purchase offers were not submitted. In total, 1,500 round timber purchase offers were submitted.

The results of these efficiently-run auctions demonstrate that the demand for round timber is growing. The rising demand for fuel timber, board timber, and waste from wood cutting is one of the indicators showing that the timber produced in state-owned land is in demand and its quality is consistent with the standard requirements and the expectations of the country’s wood processers. The wood processing company UAB Juodeliai has won sufficient amounts of wood for its needs, and this will ensure continuous production.

,